Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I heart Dave Ramsey!

Currently we are on week 8 of Dave Ramseys' Financial Peace University! I am so freaking excited at the prospect of being debt free! I think that it is amazing and I have been telling everyone about his program. He is amazing!

So we have a plan. We are going to be debt free in about a year! How AMAZING is that?!?! I think that it is totally awesome. We have another plan too. During the process of becoming debt free, we will be working on our worthless FICO score in order to have it high enough to be able to purchase a house. At that time, we will be moving to Wisconsin and starting the chapter of our lives when we can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE! We have a plan. For the first time, we are not just walking around aimlessly waiting for the next emergency that we can not afford. When we plan for an emergency, we have no emergencies!

Over the weekend the battery in my car completely died. 3 months ago, I would have totally freaked out. I would have been stressed about where the money was going to come from in order to get a new battery. I would have wondered what we would have to eat because our food budget would have to decrease. Not this time. Kal went to the store and got a battery and NOTHING had to be sacrificed in order to get it! I love that! I love that we were able to do that.

I am just so darn excited and I am better than I deserve!

1 comment:

  1. Hello I am so glad I found your web site, I really found you by error, while I was searching on Digg for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a fantastic post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to read through it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete